What is CEREC?
Fixing your weak and damaged teeth can consume a lot of time. However, with technologies such as CEREC, you can have your teeth prepared, bonded, and restored on one dental visit. If you are interested in the same-day dental crowns in Laguna Beach, CA, keep reading.
What is CEREC?
It means Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics or Ceramic reconstruction. CEREC is a dental technology that allows our dentist in Laguna Beach, CA, to make a veneer, inlay, or a crown and fix it in a single visit.
How Does it Work?
Our dentist examines your oral cavity and dental structure before explaining the procedure. The dentist will use the CEREC to make the ideal dental restoration. The process takes a few steps:
- Creating of the dental impression.
CEREC uses both the CAD and CAM technologies to fix your teeth. The dentist will use the CAD (Computer-Aided Design) technology to take an accurate picture of the affected tooth. The images are then transferred to the computer for creating the dental restoration.
- Making the CEREC dental crowns
Next, the Computer-Aided Manufacturing (or CAM) will take over and create the ceramic teeth fixtures.
Before the dentist fixes, he will anesthetize the gums with local anesthesia. The teeth are then prepared for bonding of the dental crowns. Do not worry; we use high-quality ceramic that will match the teeth color.
Finally, the dentist will fix them on the surface of your damaged teeth, in a process that lasts for an hour.
After the dental crowns are fixed, our dentist will polish the teeth for an attractive final look.
How Can It Help?
CEREC machines help our dentists to create dental restorations in a relatively short time. The dentist can use CEREC to create different restorations, such as:
- Crowns. CEREC for crowns in Laguna Beach CA, has gained popularity. We use a dental cap to a decayed or a destroyed tooth. Furthermore, they support a tooth with a large filling.
- Veneers. We design veneers to cover the front surface of the teeth. Hence, it improves appearance. Our dental team uses the CEREC process to create durable ceramic veneers.
- Onlays and inlays. They are indirect restorations, and we can prepare them using the CEREC process.
Why opt for the CEREC procedure? Consider these benefits:
- Same day procedure. Rather than the long wait for the dental crowns, you get your teeth fixed on the same day. You walk in a Laguna Beach dentist office near you and walk out the same day with a new veneer, inlay or crown. Traditional crowns required a few dental visits, but with CEREC, the dentist will capture digital impressions and create the crown in the office.
- Seamless dental appearance. The digital technology provides accurate replication of the teeth. The shape, size, and color resemble your natural teeth. Your friends may not realize you have a new restoration!
- Minimize waste. CAD technology is accurate, so the replica created is exact. It uses the required amount of material to create the tooth restoration.
- Strength and durability. CEREC crowns are sturdy and resistant to wear and teat.
How Are They Different From Traditional crowns?
There is a significant difference between traditional and same-day crowns, such as:
- Material used. Same-day crowns are made of compressed ceramic material. However, traditional crowns are made of metal and porcelain.
- Time and convenience. A traditional crown requires two appointments. In the first appointment, our dentist gets an impression of your tooth. Then, you will wait for two weeks. On the other hand, CEREC crowns are fabricated and fitted on the same day.
- Temporarily crowns, if you choose a traditional crown, our dental team fits a temporary crown. You will wait for a couple of weeks as we prepare the permanent dental cap.
- Durability. Our dentist uses porcelain and metal to make Traditional dental caps. Hence more durable when compared to same day caps. Remember, the machine makes CEREC crowns from ceramic material.
We can do some dental procedures on the same day. Visit the Laguna Family Dentistry clinic, and our able dental team will customize a treatment plan.