When a tooth has a minor chip, crack, discoloration, or decay, dental bonding can be a simple way to cover these flaws. The bonding material is tooth colored that completely blends with the rest of the teeth. By being white, these dental fillings restore and mimic the natural appearance of tooth structure.
Is dental bonding right for you? It may be an option if you would like to:
- Repair decayed teeth
- Change the shape of your teeth, making them appear to be more straight or even
- Improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- Close gaps/spaces in your teeth
- Protect a tooth root that may be exposed when the gums recede
What are the advantages of tooth colored fillings (white fillings)?
- They closely match natural tooth color and appearance.
- They bond to tooth structure chemically and thus do not require the placement of slots, grooves or pins in healthy tooth structure to mechanically retain them.
- The bonding of white fillings Laguna Hills to the tooth restore 85% – 95% of the original strength of the tooth.
- They completely harden in seconds instead of days required by some other materials.
- Tooth sensitivity, if any, due to composite resin use is minimal and brief.
- They may be used on front and back teeth without compromising esthetics or strength.
- If damaged they can be repaired.
What is the bonding process, what can be expected from your office visit?
Dental bonding with composite is placed in one appointment. The tooth will be numbed with a local anesthetic if necessary. Then the dentist Laguna Beach will remove the decay, fracture, or stain. The remaining tooth is prepared and cleaned for the bonded composite filling. The composite is then placed, shaped, and polished to blend in seamlessly with your smile. After your appointment, you may experience some sensitivity that will subside within a short period.