Benefits of Children’s Dentistry in Laguna Beach
Do you ever wonder why children get preferential treatment all the time? Other than the fact that they are cute small humans, there is more. Children’s bodies go through many changes before they are fully developed. This is why their health is very concerning, right from infancy. When it comes to oral health, the same measure of preference is given. Dental experts have ensured that there is a specialty of dentistry fully dedicated to the oral needs of children. Laguna children’s dental care is one such facility that takes care of all the dental needs children have. Are there benefits to having the children’s dentistry set apart from that of adults? The only way to find out is by reading through this text.
What is Children’s Dentistry?
It is a specialty of dentistry concerned with the oral needs of children from infancy to teenagehood. Ideally, it is known as pediatric dentistry. Children’s dentists in Newport Beach have gone through tons of training and gathered experience in handling children’s dental needs.
What most people do not understand is that children are special, and not just for the continuation of lineages. The mouth of a ten-year-old, for example, cannot be compared to that of a 30-year old. A child’s jawbone is growing and developing. The baby teeth are falling off as new teeth grow to replace them. These changes have to be handled specially in dentistry for children. While a general dentist in Laguna Beach can also handle the oral needs of your child, a pediatric dentist near you is best placed for the job.
What Happens in Children’s Dentistry?
The services offered by a children’s dentist in Laguna Beach CA are similar to those offered to adults, but with a few differences. Some of the things you can expect in a pediatric dental facility include the following:
- Fluoride treatment – to help strengthen teeth and fight dental cavities.
- Dental sealants – help protect the chewing surfaces of teeth from dental cavities. They are specially made for the molars and premolars.
- Space maintainers – these are special dental gadgets used to save space in between teeth. Ideally, when there is a gap between teeth, the rest of the teeth can start shifting to fill up space in between. This can introduce problems when the new set of teeth start growing. Space maintainers help save the space until the new tooth grows in place.
- Nutritional training – if you are having a hard time getting your child to eat veggies and choose healthier foods, a dental facility for children in Shaw’s Cove, Newport Coast, or Newport Beach, is just the place for you and your child.
- Dental treatments – a pediatric dentist is just the right person to treat the oral problems your child has. If you are anywhere around Dana Point, Laguna Hills, or Carona Del Mar, be sure to reach out to us for treatment options for your child.
- Dental exams – these are beneficial to keep tabs on the overall dental health of your child.
What Are the Benefits of Pediatric Dentistry?
Now that you know some of the things that happen in a dental facility for children, read on for the benefits. There must be a reason why children get special treatment when it comes to dental care, including the following:
- Kid-friendly environment – children are not like adults. Any small thing can trigger anxiety, making them very fussy and stubborn to getting treatment. pediatric dental facilities are fashioned as a safe environment for children, with kid-friendly features like colors, entertainment, to mention a few. Besides, the pediatric dental experts are trained on how to properly handle children during treatment.
- Habit counseling – amid the dental appointment with a pediatric dentist, he/she might indulge in habit counseling. This can help your child abandon bad dental habits like crushing hard foods, biting fingernails, teeth grinding, to mention a few.
- Early diagnosis – when you make the pediatric dentist your child’s best friend, then you have an advantage. Early diagnosis of different dental problems is possible if you take your child to dental exams.
- Overall health check – a pediatric dentist can very well diagnose other health problems that your child may have, through the regular dental checkups and exams.